For employees based in the United States, core benefits include:
- Comprehensive medical, vision and dental for employees, spouses/domestic partners and dependent children, with 100% of monthly premiums paid by the foundation. Additionally, we have an on-site health clinic with an emphasis on wellness coaching on our Seattle campus.
- Medical benefits include coverage for infertility, up to $40,000.
- Vision benefits include coverage for Lasik eye surgery
- Generous paid time off and leaves of absence for eligible employees.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off: employees can take the time they need for vacation or illness so they can return to work able to contribute fully to our missions. Additionally, the foundation enjoys a paid holiday week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.
- Parental Leave: moms and dads may take up to 52 continuous weeks of paid time off during the first year of their child's birth or adoption.
- 15% contribution (up to the IRS maximum) to an employee retirement account which is immediately vested. Employees can also make additional contributions to a 403(b) retirement account (up to the IRS maximum).
- Foundation-paid life insurance equal to 4 times employee annual salary, up to $3,000,000.
- The foundation aims to connect and empower foundation employees to take action in the communities in which they live and work through volunteering, giving, and activities throughout the year. As such, the foundation matches employee charitable contributions and volunteer hours up to $30,000 annually.
- Employees also enjoy an on-site Seattle fitness center with fitness classes and personal training (100% paid by the foundation).
- The foundation reimburses up to $20,000 in eligible adoption fees.
- We also offer additional lifestyle benefits like commuter incentives, at home back-up care for children, employees and adults/elders recovering from an illness and an emergency assistance plan during business travel.
- Voluntary benefits including: supplemental life/AD&D insurance, group accident insurance, pre-paid legal, long-term care insurance, pet insurance, and discounted auto/home insurance
Employees based in our non-U.S. locations also receive competitive salaries and generous benefits packages, reflective of local pay practices and aligned to the above offerings.