We are inspired by the mission, All Lives Have Equal Value, and compelled by the opportunity to make an impact -- before, during, and after our time at the foundation. Experienced, and highly engaged, we set aspirational goals, and hold ourselves, and each other, to high standards.
We are guided by four values: Optimism, Collaboration, Rigor and Innovation. We live these values and consider how we work as important as what we do. Along with our partners, we take on complex challenges; we continually test new approaches and embrace change where it will facilitate the best outcomes. Employees describe our environment as intense, fast-paced and stimulating, to match the ambition of our strategies.
The co-chairs are highly involved with the work. We collaborate with myriad partners, and have access to world-renowned experts and leaders. Our current and former employees form a diverse, extended and supportive network. We strive for an inclusive environment where, no matter our background, we can each do our best work.
The work we do involves solving complex problems and, as such, provides us with unique learning experiences. We have a growth mindset, and regularly find opportunities for feedback, learning and development. We are responsible for our own professional development, supported by our managers. We strive for continuous improvement, not perfection.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program that reflects the foundation’s values and culture.
For employees based in the United States, health, vacation, and retirement benefits include:
- Medical/vision and dental for employees, spouses/domestic partners, and dependent children (100% of monthly premiums paid by the foundation)
- Life, disability, and travel assistance (100% of monthly premiums paid by the foundation)
- Employee savings retirement plan and foundation sharing retirement plan (15% of eligible compensation contributed by the foundation)
- Healthcare and dependent care reimbursement accounts
- Minimum three weeks' vacation in addition to 10 observed holidays, 3 personal days, and 12 sick days
- Voluntary benefits plans, including supplemental life insurance, group accident insurance, pre-paid legal, long-term care, pet insurance, and discount auto/home insurance
Opportunities to continue education, achieve personal and professional goals, and support the community include:
- $1,500 annual life cycle lump sum payment for employees' discretionary use
- Business Travel-emergency assistance plan
- Back-up care for children and adults/elders
- Employee assistance plan
- Employee matching gift program with a 3:1 match up to $30,000 per year
Employees based in Africa, China, Europe, and India also receive competitive salaries and benefits, reflective of local pay practices.
The foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer. As such, the foundation is committed to treating all employees and applicants equally without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran or marital status, sensory, physical or mental disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a disabled person, and all other bases protected by law.
This policy covers all aspects of treatment of employees and applicants, including employment opportunities, compensation, hours of work, conditions of employment, promotions, demotions, transfers, recruitment, advertising, layoff, and termination.