Q: Does the foundation offer an internship program?
A: Yes. The foundation offers a limited number of paid summer internships for graduate students. To be eligible for the internship program students must have completed one year of graduate school prior to the internship and have a minimum of one semester remaining in their studies post-internship. The program primarily targets MBA, MPH and DrPH students, however it has also included students from MSW, MPA, MPP and medical students.
Q: What are the goals of the foundation’s internship program?
A: The internship program exists to provide graduate students exposure to career opportunities in the philanthropic sector as well as develop a candidate pipeline for future full-time positions. We aim to identify individuals for whom an internship with us may have a transformative impact on their personal and professional lives.
Q: How can I apply for a summer internship?
A: The foundation works with partner universities and the Management Leadership for Tomorrow organization to identify candidates for internships. Our current partner universities are listed below. Please contact your career services office at the appropriate school for more information.
- Duke’s Fuqua School of Business
- Florida International University’s Chapman School of Business and the College of Education
- Harvard Business School and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Howard University School of Business
- Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
- Portland State School of Business
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- University of California, Berkeley - Haas School of Business
- University of Washington’s Foster School of Business and the School of Public Health
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Q: If I don’t attend one of the schools listed, can I apply for an internship?
A: No. At this time the foundation does not post an open call for internship applications. We strive to attract a diverse pool of candidates by building partnerships with a broad array of universities and the Management Leadership for Tomorrow organization.
Q: Does the foundation offer internships in its offices outside the United States?
A: Yes. The foundation has internship opportunities in our Delhi, India and Beijing, China offices. These are newer programs and we are still determining our university partners. Please note that we reserve internship opportunities in our regional offices for students studying in those countries.